Packing is by far the worst part of traveling. The WORST I say! There is always that fear that you won’t bring that crucial item you will need when you are deep in the jungle (or getting ready for a night out in a trendy capital city).
Golden rule: Less is more.
Plus, I love buying stuff during my travels. Nothing says I’m more worldly than you like a purse from a country you’ve never visited.
Where am I going again? Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand.
My packing is easier than usual because it will be INSANELY hot and stickily humid in Southeast Asia. That means no bulky jeans or fleeces will be weighing me down. Yippee!
My itinerary is a mix of cities, beaches and hiking in malaria filled jungles, but basically I will be wearing the same thing every 5 days. It will be rainy season and therefor I do need to pack for the regular afternoon monsoon.
My Packing List
- 7 tank tops
- 2 t-shirts
- 3 dresses (Because I’m a lady)
- 1 pair of shorts
- 2 pair of black tights (For airplane rides & yoga)
- 2 swimsuits
- 10 pairs of underwear & 3 bras & 2 pairs of hiking socks
- 1 light scarf (cover up for temples)
- 3 pairs of shoes: Salomon Trail Runners, 1 pair of flippie-floppies and sneaker flats