I have some good news and some bad news.
The Bad News: I am officially a terrible blogger. Six weeks of being home, swimming in Lake Washington, gleefully hopping on flights to San Francisco and Bolt buses to Vancouver, B.C. and never once did I set my bum down and write a blog post.
The Good News: People noticed. It turns out that I have enough friends who actually give a damn and read my blog. (THANK YOU!)
So here it is people:
- Everything is really freakin’ green and gorgeous. My trip coincided with an almost record breaking days-without-rain streak.
- Blue skies + Pine trees + Mountains = Home.
- I went hiking + sailing + picked blackberries + laid on my dock in the sunshine. I swam in Lake Washington every chance I got.
- I saw some of the people that I love the most in this world. The most important people on that list: My family.
- I giggled like Peter Griffin in the beer aisle at my local grocery store.
- I worked the whole time. This was not a vacation but a chance to work remotely. Although, I occasionally did my project managing website magic while on my dock in my swimsuit.
- I drove my car a lot (and discovered that I still hate driving.)
- It felt amazing to be home.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Are you going to live in Buenos Aires forever? (Note: this used to be “When are you coming home?”) Answer: No.
- Do you wish you were in Buenos Aires right now? Answer: No. After a 1.5 years, I missed home terribly and I relished ever minute of my time back. (Also did I mention 16 million people live in Buenos Aires?)
- Is it weird to be back? Answer: Besides the fact that all the signs are in English and the large amount of recycling that the average Northwesterner is capable of, no.
- Are you fluent in Spanish? Answer: Mmm, kind of.